Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Thankful Thursday!

Take a gander over at Truth for the Journey to participate. As usual, there are so many things to be thankful for. There are so many blogs I love to read. So here's number 1...

I am so thankful for all the blogger friends here, and the wonderful blogs I get to read. Although there are many that I frequent, I want to mention two in particular. Sue over at In Between Time, and a recent one I just found, Sharon's Quiet Reflections. I love these blogs and read them regularly. Check them out -- I promise, you'll be refreshed and inspired.

Secondly, I am thankful for my microwave. When I start reading all those blogs, I usually end up with a cold cup of coffee. Sometimes more than once...and I don't like cold coffee.

Thirdly, I am so thankful that my hubby was able to go fishing this week. A transformation takes place when he fishes. It's almost spiritual. I love watching him fish because I think he's happiest when he's doing that, and he so much deserves to be happy. He's a good man.

Fourth, I'm so glad that my son is okay after losing a wheel off his car on the Halston Connector. It could have been so much worse. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to us!

Lastly, I'm thankful for an opportunity to be alone. I think best without interruption, and my life takes on a more spiritual tone. Less distraction I guess.

Well, that's it for today. I don't always participate, but it's fun when I do. It's important to be thankful on a daily basis. It's too easy to take things for granted otherwise. Have an attitude of gratitude!

Until next time,
Carmen

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are enjoying your alone time-- I know I really do. It refreshes my outlook and gives me uninterrupted prayer time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen, thank you for the nod! It has been such a joy to write over there. God fills me with wonderful words, insight and learning, and it's been wonderful to share (and to meet great folks, like you!).

    I agree about blogs and coffee. I don't have room to move the pot to my tiny kitchen desk, so I need to be purposeful in what I do. (Because cold coffee is like no coffee!)

    Have a terrific week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your insights! Thanks for visiting!